Hale's Own Fists [WIP] Hale's Own Fists [WIP]

"Don't you wanna live forever?!" haha love it.

Seriously though, every track you put out I could totally hear in local clubs here in Seattle. Croud would go fucking nuts. Learn to spin man, you could go far. Electro house, dub step, hip/hop with either of the aforementioned genres, HARD music basically is really hot right now.

Acid-Notation responds:

My brother enjoys raves, unlike me, so he tends to play a song or two of mine when he attends one. Some of my other admirers who I know in person also play my music at some raves. Unfortunately, it hasn't raised the awareness of my music that much, if at all, but it's still comforting to hear such things.

---Reaper RD2012--- ---Reaper RD2012---

Excellent. In fact, it's Sexcellent.

Oh baby

SA- Sprint SA- Sprint

Love it. The only thing is the drums get a little repetitive, I think you could add a little more in the way of transitions other than reverse cymbal/crash. Not that anything was bad, I just think you could add more and spice this puppy up, make it a track that'd get people jumping in the club. Also, make it a little longer man! 4-5 min so you could actually mix this ****!

I also think this is more of a house track, you seem to have an ear for the early deadmau5 and kaskade sound, you could go far my friend!

MOAR! MOAAAAR!

Chaoz Fantasy (8-Bit) Chaoz Fantasy (8-Bit)

Anyone, ANYONE who gives this less than 5 stars is an idiot.

This is so good man, I'd even dance for it in a club.

SA- Imagine SA- Imagine

Interesting, it has some Kaskade-esque-ness to it. I think you might be able to draw some creativity from his music (should you require it).

I'm giving you four stars because I feel if you redid a few things on the track it may be a little truer to form (a house song as you labeled it), and in the long run a better track overall. First off, the percussion. I really want you to go listen to some Deadmau5, Kaskade and David Guetta. Just listen close to the percussions, and you'll get where I'm going with this. You used a drum scheme more similar to something Andre Tannenberger might use on one of his more Aural tracks, which is great if you really want to go with an aural, ambient style of house, but I think the track might be more... entertaining? If you were to use a house style beat. This is the most minor of points, just throwing it out there for food for thought.

The two real criticisms (constructive of course!) I have, are the buzzy 3xOsc style base earlier in the song and the piano. The buzzy synth seems out of place with such an aural song. Maybe try replacing this with something like a trance pluck, I'll be you'll be pleasantly surprised at how it changes the dynamic of the song.

The piano needs some effects, a reverb would be nice, but most importantly I would probably filter out the top end of it. Just so it has a kind of muted sound to it, make it a little deeper, and really (this is the key part) make it less punchy. With everything else so background, easy listening, go for a drive along the coast, the piano jumps in and disturbs that by being too much on the forefront.

That's all for now. I hope you take no offense because I have said all these things in the hopes that it will make you an even better artist, and that your music will somehow benefit.

Baked Baked

Good composition, but your choice of FX didn't seem to lend anything to the song, I'm speaking specifically about the phone rings. Yes, Dubstep is by nature glitchy and random, it may just have something to do with my own personal reaction to phones ringing (probably many others too), but it kinda killed it for me.

This is not to say that the rest of the song was not enjoyable or well done, however. Good job.

---Memory Lane--- ---Memory Lane---

Fuck yes. No negative criticisms, just curious how the track might sound with the main electro sound (3xosc?) at 1:30ish a little deeper/fuller.

Acid-Notation responds:

At that point I used the main bassline with playing the same rhythms as the other, weaker bassline, but with hardly any filter cutoff on a lowpass filter. All my synths made with Sytrus.

---Pedobob Cockpants--- ---Pedobob Cockpants---

Haha love it! Laughing, Grinding and Rocking out all the same time.

good to hear!

Haru Song [classical] Haru Song [classical]

I like it, simple but elegant.

My ears may be tricking me, but when you had drums in the song they didn't sound properly beatmached. As in vocals and the beat the drums were on were not matched, and sounded off.

If not improperly beatmached then the drumbeat you were using just seems off for that particular instance. Some songs are very difficult to match, I know from personal experience.

Pro-gress (Original Mix) Pro-gress (Original Mix)

I'm using your reviewing system that you described on your page. And as such, 3.5 stars. I don't mean to put the track down as I feel it has immense potential, but as someone who goes to clubs frequently and knows what gets the crowd moving, the opening to the track seemed.... Muddy. By that I mean I felt as though the trance pluck and stabs were not complimenting eachother, and I don't mean the synths but the notes themselves.

Now I've heard Armin Van Buuren use a very similar stab to the one you used here to great success, but it wasn't used throughout the whole song, it was used as a buildup during transitions. I believe the track was in ASOT 2006 or 2007. Worth looking up for reference.

A pad complimenting the baseline here would have smoothed out the buildup in some areas and created more synergy throughout the track.

And as previously stated there were one or two areas where the transitions stumbled badly. In fact if I were dancing at the club I woulda assumed the dj screwed up and gone ,"come on bro!!".

Do not be discouraged though, I see where this track is going and I feel it has immense potential. Just gotta smooth out the rough edges a bit. I wanna see a MK.2 of this track!

Pulsar013 responds:

Hmm my methods works - more reviews! The opening track was super muddy - ur right about that. And ill admit the piece - was done a bit ruff could have gottten a little more mastering. I think a pad complimenting the bassline would be good - I think ill try that one. And really after the fact that I uploaded this - I felt some time mix ups - but decided to let'em be and move on - but Im likin ur advice and suggestions def goin to make some strives to get some more traks goin - thanx destroyerrrr.